Monday, August 01, 2005

It's all in the presentation

I had a rough day saturday. It seemed that I was going to be forced to surrender to the day when Russell suprised me with a home made meal. My favorite cheese, some hummous, and crackers. And when I saw the trouble he went to with the plate presentation i could do nothing but smile at his sweetness, and let a little cheer into my day.

"When you use foods that are all the same color, it is difficult. That's why I chose the colorful plate." Said the chef of the night on his mind set going into this plate.

The sentiment and smile this was served with make it a 3 star meal for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is my first-ever comment in a blog, because
1) yesterday, I had a very rough day and my SO (normally NOT the cook in the family :)) served homemade tiny meatballs and store-bought round potatoe croquettes so that "I'd have something to play with on the plate when my appetite's not so big" -- aren't men just wonderful beings?
and
2) I swear that I own the same plates. My mother bought them before my birth in Zurich, and I got them when I moved out, and I ALWAYS use them when trying to "spice up" even-coloured food.

Love your blog!

August 03, 2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

It's amazing what the men can do with store bought items and colorful plates......

August 06, 2005 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home