Wednesday, July 06, 2005

New Life

I, the same girl, have returned to the same town I have allways lived in, to a life that is completely new. It feels so good to be home too.

New life fact number one. I am engaged!! Russell proposed to me this weekend. I couldnt be happier!!! We joked that I would announce his retirement from bachelorhood on my blog. My sister sarahs reaction was..."Yeah, of course I am thrilled for you, my only fear is that you are entering the adult world, and I cant come yet!!" And to the friends I haven't announced this to yet, well, lets just hope you are too busy with your own lives to read my silly blog.

New life fact number two. I have a new and wonderful job. I am the pastry chef at Eva restaurant in greenlake. The chef Amy is great, and has given me free reign over the dessert menu, encouraging me to express myself through it. I have to say, it's kinda nice to work with a woman. And the best part..... We share an obsession for those tiny cute little bowls from the asian markets and I get to plate with them as I wish!!! This is an amazing challenge maintaining a menu and doing all the developement and it is satisfying me deeply. I LOVE being in controll of myself and my own education. And for the first time in almost 6 years, I have friday and saturday nights off!!!!!!! WOAH, the value of this is beyond words. I will write more soon about the things I have been doing. Its kinda fun.

New life fact number three. My hair is not short anymore. Well, its kinda short. But not that super short pixy thing i was sporting for 2 years. Finally, I can tuck it behind my ears and put most of it in a pony tail. And I dont have to over style it to avoid looking manly!! I feel like a girl again.

New life fact number 4. I have a new car. Well, Russell and I have a new car. So this means I have car payments. From a gal who has only ever paid 700 for a car, this is huge. The car doesnt even have a license plate yet. Car payments, new car smell, a car that starts every time you turn the key, no strange noises...... Its a Subaru outback sporty wagon. Kinda a soccer mom car. Or a lesbo wagon according to becca who just told me I spelled Subaru wrong. she said it starts with an L, suggesting the spelling Lesbaru. Russell calls it the girlfriend grocery getter to save face when he drives a non-WRX up to a bike race. I think I am going to get matching sunglasses. If you go all out and buy a brand new car you might as well accessorize, right???

So, same me, same town, same friends (boy did I miss them!), new life.....

Hmmm...I am starting to feel like a grown up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous RC said...

I'm happy for your new life. Being that your new life is tied so closely to my new life, I'm glad that you are happy. I missed you the past few months and I couldn't be happier to have you home. I look forward to the many months and years we get to spend together!

-RC

July 07, 2005 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home