Wednesday, June 01, 2005

moving day

My 2 month stage is over. I have now had 3 days in a row to sleep past 7:30 in the morning, and i haven't picked up a knife. That may be because I forgot them in the kitchen, but you get the idea...... I am on holiday. My sister Libby and Auntie Ellen arrived from germany yesterday. We took a nice walk through the quaint village of bray and past bray lake. We then ate at Heston's pub, the Hinds Head. The two pickiest eaters in the world both ate oxtail, kidney, a rabbit terrine, and true dover sole with the bones around the outside. They laughed when I, the culinarian in the family, took my first bite and ate the outer ring of bone. They both knew that a true sole has an outer ring of free floating bones and not to eat that. But not me. Well, live and learn. We were sooo full we didn't even have room for dessert.

We Bickford woman have now properly primped for our lunch at The Fat Duck in an hour. I haven't styled my hair in over 2 months!!! It's not quite the haircut I left home with, but what ever.

It's not as hard to walk away from as I thought. But boy am I going to miss some people here.

So it's on to Wales today. Plans include a trip to bath, stonehenge, and the coast line. We are true Bickfords, so a vacation need only be a long car trip at times. (But I wouldn't turn down coctails in the sun next to a pool either.)

I think I might have even talked the worlds pickiest eaters into the tasting menu.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how could you forget your knife???

:(


rc

June 05, 2005 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Becca said...

I wish I would have been there with you guys. Fish bones...

June 06, 2005 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home