Monday, May 09, 2005

Death by Fat Duck

Yesterday I made very nice plans for myself. First I was going to go see Kingdon of Heaven at the cinema with two other Fat Duckers. Then i would come home, call my mother and say happy mothers day. Then I'd call Russell and have one of our two phone conversations this week, and go to bed a happy girl. Today I'd wake up around 7, and get ready for a field trip to Aubrey Allen, one of the purveyors for the Fat Duck that provides the pork. What a great weekend!

WRONG.

What I should have made plans for was nothing but sleeping. I should have planned on coming home, passing out, waking up at 10 realizing that i'd just slept through the fun movie I wanted to see. Then sleeping some more untill I called Russell, and my mom, barely keeping myself awake through the conversation with my mom. Then back to sleep, with the alarm set.

7 this morning I hit snooze for the first and last time. I woke up at 9 realizing that I had just slept through the trip I had been looking forward to for a month. I would have been more upset if I was able to keep myself awake. I slept untill noon, then took a nap untill 1:30. I made it to the grocery store in kinda a daze. And now I am sitting here with a headache, looking greedily at my bed, thinking, I'll just lie down for a minute.

Last weekend I was so exhausted that I fell sick. I missed out on another great weekend that had a soccer game planned and a bike ride and picknick on the river. Man, this is getting frustrating. I have stood the guys up enough that I am going to stop getting invited along soon.

I hope that I don't end up sleeping through my week long trip with Libby and Auntie Ellen!

This schedule will be the death of me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous david said...

man, that sucks! maybe you just need a little R and R before the final stretch of your stage. suck it up for the last push so to speak.

your photos were very seattle; overcast, gloomy, almost sad - like the sky and sun are trying to push through but can't. makes everything seem frustrated; it's not too cold, but not warm; it could rain, but does sparingly.

david

p.s. you really need spell check, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
f.y.i - i purchased an abucus so i can count cookies.

May 09, 2005 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home