Thursday, April 14, 2005

What's for dinner?


This aint wilbur Posted by Hello

I don't know if I can explain my facination with these pig heads. I don't know if you can see, but their ears actually have cartalige ribs in them that look like bats wings. Libby can probably tell us why they only look like what we think bats wings look like and not what bats wings do look like. I do love the wildlife biologists comments on my food blog. I did see bats wings once. I'll bet you didn't know that bat's are cute!! Well, they are.

So here you can see the face that comes in with out the skull. I guess the terrine should more accurately be called a pigs face terrine. The two flaps to the side of the snout have quite a chunk of meat under each, as does the forhead. These are usuable parts. In italian the cut is called Guanchalle. I have seen it in lampreia for years cured in the italian style. Now I have seen it Fat Duck style.

There is a group field trip coming up soon. It is advertised to be a day of fun, frolic, and pigs. We are either going to the farm that raises our pigs, or the butcher. Either way, I am so there. There is also a field trip to the oyster farm.

I also peeled about 15 lambs tounges. There were about 50, but I was helping Paul and he is much faster that I am . Their little toungs are almost exactly the same size as ours. It's funny, but the tounge we can stick out at people we don't like is such a small part of the whole muscle. It's rather big.

Hmmm... any other wierd meats? Just snails. Are they meat?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Becca said...

Dana-

I miss you and your sexy pig heads. You are in a whole different world, a world filled with scary foreigners, meat with faces, and vanilla made out of sawdust. And no, by the way, I am not a cheap-skate. Mine is made with the real thing, although I did buy it in bulk from PCC and it is now sitting in a mason jar in my overstuffed cupboard.

You would be proud of me. I am following in your footsteps and sending some of my stuff back to where it came from...our old hangout the Goodwill. I sent about seven bags of stuff there the other day. I guess you could call it Spring cleaning or maybe just making room for the stuff that I am going to buy there next week.

Thanks for sending me the link and telling me to get off of my ass and write to you. I think about you everyday. Dana, where are you?

Keep your fingers safe and I will write again soon.

I love you. Becca

April 19, 2005 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home